PRP is a treatment that relieves pain and promotes healing by utilizing the body’s own blood. Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP is blood plasma with concentrated platelets. The concentrated platelets found in PRP contain huge reservoirs of bioactive proteins, including growth factors that are vital to initiate and accelerate tissue repair and regeneration. These bioactive proteins initiate connective tissue healing: bone, tendon and ligament regeneration and repair, promote development of new blood vessels, and stimulate the wound healing process.
1) Can PRP prevent surgery?
2) What does the procedure involve?
3) How long after the procedure can you be active?
4) Is everyone with an injury a candidate for the procedure?
5) How many injections are typical? How often between injections? IS there a limit to how any injections like cortisone?
6) What are potential sites for treatment?
7) Are there any side effects?